Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jalapeno Corn Bread

A little story about yours truly:  I am a Girl Scout.  Have been since kindergarten, with the exception of a month or so when it "wasn't cool" and then discovered that I could get scholarships and got my head straight.  I am a lifetime member.  Girl Scouting is cool.


And when I was in junior high, I had to shadow somebody who had my dream career in order to earn a leadership badge.  Easy, I thought, I'll write to Martha Stewart.  And write to Martha I did.


Martha's letter writer was very kind in her let down, informing me that Martha's show taped very early in the morning, much too early for a young teen.  I was a happy camper nonetheless, because the letter included an autographed photo of Martha that read "To Ashley, you're a good thing."  I've never been so happy.


Until this happened, of course.  But we're not here to talk about Martha and Snoop.  We're here to talk about jalapeno corn bread.


And Martha's jalapeno corn muffins make a bitchin' corn bread.  Seriously.  So moist, so spicy.  Wonderful.


And while I am normally the person who uses cornbread solely as a vehicle to get as much butter as humanly possible into my mouth - this cornbread didn't require any such shenanigans.  It is a good thing, just like Martha and, according to her, ME!

Oh, ok, these are a good thing, too.

Christian Louboutin via Bergdorf Goodman

And they just scream "Martha Stewart Jalapeno Corn Bread!"  Don't they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment