Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Saturday Sip: Fresh Margaritas

Wow I've been away for awhile.  I would love to say that I've been sipping on these the entire time, but that's not really the case.


I broke my juicer halfway through this process, but if you have a juicer I recommend using it for the limes.  Hand squeezing takes awhile.

1 1/2 cups lime juice
1 1/2 cups tequila (I used Jose Cuervo Silver)
3/4 cup triple sec
2 heaping tablespoons sugar (or a sweetener of your choice)
Tons of crushed ice
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 more tablespoons sugar

Throw your lime juice in a pitcher with the tequila and triple sec, then throw in the first two (heaping!) tablespoons of sugar.  Stir well and fill the pitcher with crushed ice.  Combine the last two tablespoons of sugar with the salt on a plate.  Use a lime wedge to rim your margarita glasses, then dip them in the salt/sugar mixture.


Those are the prettiest darn margaritas I ever did see, if I do say so myself!  They were darn tasty, and made enough for 6 LARGE beverages.  Enjoy responsibly, peeps!

While you're enjoying those responsibly, I'll be enjoying this purchase:


Rebecca Minkoff via Nordstrom

I purchased it in pink, which is a major departure for me, but it is going to be the perfect pop of color with my primarily black and gray honeymoon wardrobe - 15 days until we depart!

No comments:

Post a Comment