Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Aftermath - Bean Style

Who's still full from Thanksgiving?

*Slowly and shamefully raises hand*

But I have a good reason:



This photo doesn't do justice to the amount of food that I cooked for Thanksgiving.  For two people.  We had a 15 pound turkey, peeps.  For two people.


But because Thanksgiving is my favorite of any holiday in the history of the universe, I knew I had to go big.  As such, I made this recipe for Haricots Verts with White Beans and Shallot Vinaigrette.  I couldn't find dried canellini beans, so I went with the canned variety and simmered both those AND the green beans in the thyme, onion, and bay leaf fashion.


I also used spicy brown mustard in my vinaigrette because I had it in the fridge and forgot to purchase dijon when we were doing our turkey shopping.  A turkey, almost literally, called to me during that trip to the grocery store, so I couldn't be bothered with mustards.


These beans were wonderful.  Crisp, flavorful, and a perfect light side to go with the cornucopia of brown foods that took over the rest of the table (turkey, rolls, cheesy vegetables, stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes for the F.  All brown.). 

I love brown foods.

And brown shoes.
Manolo Blahnik via Bergdorf Goodman

Honeymoon shoe, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment