Friday, November 9, 2012

Quickie Friday: Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

The F and I eat a lot of vegetables and, in an effort to get fit for my now 176-days-away wedding, I have now taken carbs off of the dinner menu (for me - the F gets to enjoy more potatoes this way, which he enjoys).  In an effort to taste carb-like things, however, I've been experimenting with cauliflower.


For this side dish I cut a head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets, drizzled olive oil over the top, then added copious amounts of garlic and read pepper before adding a light dusting of parmesan cheese.  I roasted the florets in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, and they turned out perfectly.  Browned, slightly crispy, in spots, and with TONS of flavor.  They almost reminded me of croutons, and bread that's not bread is great for the new rules.

I have been getting into the color block trend recently, and feel that perhaps my shoe wardrobe needs some new rules, much like my diet, to fall in line.


I absolutely refuse to spend lots of money on a super trend-specific item, so these fit the bill.  And with a mere 3 and 1/2 inch heel, I think I could even walk in them without a problem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment