Monday, November 14, 2011

Uber-Spicy Slowcooker Chili

The F and I are not ones to shy away from spicy food (the spicier the better, we always say!) and this recipe, found here, did not disappoint on the spicy front.


The recipe calls for 10 jalapenos, but I opted to use seven because, here in Florida, our jalapenos are bigger and hotter than most.  (I am DEFINITELY glad that I made that call.)


The recipe made enough chili to feed a LOT of people, but since it was just the F and I, we portioned it out and saved the leftovers for lunches and suppers.  Be warned, though, it only got hotter as it sat in the fridge (and the crockpot)!


I topped the chili with oyster crackers and a four-cheese blend (which helped tame the heat) and it was awesome.  The recipe would be easy to tone down for those who don't like their food to singe the tongue, but I would definitely make it again just as it is!

Ever since I tried these on, I can't get them out of my head.  But I am determined NOT to buy my fab wedding shoes until closer to the big day.

Miu Miu via Bergdorf Goodman

But with shoes like this available, I'm going to have a hard time resisting for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment