Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick Coq au Vin

If a recipe has the word "quick" anywhere in the title, chances are it will become part of my repertoire.  When I saw this recipe for quick coq au vin in the October 2010 issue of Bon Appetit, I had to give it a try!


Plus, the recipe combines bacon, mushrooms, and red wine!  What's not to love?  I didn't have any shallots, so I used small yellow onions in their place, and it still turned out very well.





I've stopped even trying to hide the mushrooms I cook with from the BF.  I do the cooking, he does the eating, so he can eat mushrooms!


Truthfully, because of the dark sauce (and the bacon), the BF didn't even notice there were mushrooms in there until I said something!



This recipe is DEFINITELY a keeper.  It was quick, easy, and DELICIOUS!

It is COLD here in Florida this morning, peeps, and it isn't supposed to get above 68 degrees today.  On the bright side, I will get to wear my new birthday boots!  On the other side . . . I hate the cold.  And yes, 68 is cold when you live in Florida.  So I have boots on the brain EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL.  Impossible, you say?  Nope.

Matt Bernson via Solestruck.

Simple, with a not-too-high wedge = (another) perfect addition to my wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. Hey email me at jcsloft@gmail.com when you get a chance! I have a question for you : ) I know I have your email somewhere, but I can't seem to find it and I don't want to put my personal email on here...thanks chica!!!!!

    ReplyDelete