Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another Roast Chicken . . .

Sorry for the slow down in posts lately, peeps.  I think that the upcoming weather situation that I'm going to be dealing with, beginning on Wednesday, has me prematurely hibernating.  Hopefully I can snap out of it.

I made this balsamic roast chicken awhile back, and was surprised at how easy it was to whip up, and how delicious it was.  The recipe is from Healthy Cooking magazine and since I can't link directly to their site, because you have to be a member to view their recipes (a big pet peeve of mine) here it is (with my changes, obviously)!


1 roasting chicken
2 tablespoons thyme (the recipe calls for rosemary, I was out)
4 garlic cloves, minced (the recipe calls for 3, I like garlic)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 medium red onion, 1 medium yellow onion (the recipe calls for all red, I like the mix)
1/2 cup red wine (I used a merlot)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar



I sliced my onions relatively large, and put them in the bottom of my dish.  Combine your thyme (or rosemary) with the garlic, salt, and pepper, and rub under the skin of the chicken.  Combine red wine and balsamic and pour over the chicken.  Place the baker in a 350 degree oven, basting every 15 minutes, for about 2 and 1/2 hours.  I ended up covering my chicken after the first hour, so it wouldn't get too brown.



Skim the fat from the sauce left in the pan, and serve over your sliced chicken.  DELICIOUS!  We had this chicken with a little garlic bread and a lot of salad.  Three ounces of chicken with 2 tablespoons of onion sauce is only 182 calories!  Gotta love that!

Because I am DESPERATE not to let cold weather and snow get me down, I'm trying to focus on Prada.  The Prada 2011 Cruise Collection, to be exact.



Prada via Saks.

The BF and I have discussed, at length, cruising to the Cayman Islands.  These babies would be right at home on that cruise, don'tcha think?!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I think those shoes would absolutely be at home on a cruise : )

    We're suppose to be going to the Dominican Republic in May and I just saw on the news that there is an outbreak of some disease that kills people there, that's great! Maybe we'll head to the Cayman Islands with you haha.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete