Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Apple Pie Oatmeal

The F, who will eat most everything (not on his to eat list:  most Asian foods, sauerkraut, calamari), will not eat oatmeal.  At one point I was trying to assist him in making better breakfast choices, and I whipped up some oatmeal with blueberries and brown sugar for him to try - he was disgusted.  I have never tried again.


I, on the other hand, freakin' LOVE oatmeal.  I could eat it every day (and do, most days) in any of a number of varieties.  Normally I just eat it with some brown sugar and cinnamon, but I received this recipe in my inbox and decided to give it a whirl.  It was delicious, it made a TON of oatmeal (I have cut the recipe in half ever since), and it was super-filling.


My final product didn't turn out nearly as pretty as the food-photographer-tweaked image at the link above, but I am certain it tasted as good as it was supposed to.  And now I can convince myself I'm eating like a celebrity (I'm looking at you, Giuliana Rancic!!!)!

I can also picture my girl G sitting down to the breakfast table to eat her oatmeal (before rushing out of the house to film E! News or Fashion Police) wearing these:

Giorgio Armani via Saks

And because I think she's great and we would make great pals, I obviously need a pair, too.  Call me, Mrs. Rancic!  We can eat breakfast together wearing matching boots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment