Monday, July 16, 2012

Veggie Pasta Salad

Who doesn't love whipping up a vegetable-laden pasta salad to enjoy in the heat of the summer?  This holds particularly true when you can enjoy said salad whilst lounging lazily beside your backyard pool.


Sadly, I made this pasta salad while the F and I were still living in our shitty apartment, so no pool lounging happened with this particular pasta salad.


I do, however, have high hopes for the futures of myself, this salad, and our backyard oasis.  We will meet again.


Oh, right . . . the salad . . . cook one package (16 oz.) of vegetable pasta according to the package directions.  During the last 3 minutes, add one half head of broccoli (cut into small florets) to blanch.  At the end of the cooking period, remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and put it in a bowl of ice water, then drain the pasta.  Throw both in a bowl with a pint of halved cherry tomatoes and some feta, and top it all off with a delicious vinaigrette of your choosing (I used a low-cal garlic and balsamic, here).  That's it!  Blah blah.  I wish I was at the pool.

Wearing these:

Rachel Zoe via Bloomingdale's

Impractical for the pool?  Obviously.  Chic on my feet?  Absolutely.  But if I can wear them while eating pasta salad, I'm sold.

1 comment:

  1. There's a vegan diner over where I live that has the most AMAZING pasta salad! I've never tried making it at home, but this looks relatively simple! I guess I could give it a go :) & cute shoes! Wasn't it Rachel Zoe who once had a show on TV?

    Please check out my blog/follow if you have the time! I have some new and exciting posts coming up this week with a killer DIY project using antlers! :D

    Have a wonderful day!

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete