Thursday, November 21, 2013

Back, and (hopefully) better than ever

So here we are.  A new blog name, gearing up for another round of holiday festivities, and a new outlook on this whole thing.  A warning:  you're still not going to see much of the H on the blog for a variety of reasons, but you are going to see more of moi.  Join me for my first Cooking, Reading, Wearing post about, as promised, our wedding!

Cooking:




First and foremost, we had THE MOST AMAZING group of people in the universe help us with our wedding.  These photos are courtesy of our photographers-turned-friends Reid and Wendy at 12-1 Photography (they also have a great, fun company called Crash My Event that is doing cool things).  While I can't recall eating much of anything at the reception, I have heard nothing but great things about the food.  The pictures don't do it justice!


Who doesn't love a Tequila Lemon Poached Pear?

We couldn't have done it without Mallori, our go-to-gal at the Hyatt where we were married, and their amazing team.  I was never without a full glass of champagne (thanks to my waiter, who I asked to marry me more than once that night - H doesn't keep my champagne tank full the way he did)!

Reading:



One of the best things about the H is that he really gets me.  When people were telling him to buy me jewelry as a wedding gift, he got on the internet and ordered me a quarto of Shakespeare's plays FROM 1776.  When I opened them I cried and asked if we could skip the ceremony so I could smell them all day.  That's love, ladies and gentleman (him for me and me for the books . . . and me for him, too, despite my many proposals to champagne cater waiter).

Wearing:





The shoes, as you ALL know, are Fendi, and my dress was from Pronovias with a custom belt created by the fantastic tailor at The Dressing Room.  Seriously, I had THE BEST PEOPLE around me while planning my wedding and the day-of.  I would love to post more photos of my friends and family, but not everybody's cool with having their face splashed all over the internet, so I'll leave them out of it.


This year has been huge for me in so many ways, and I hope that using it as a jumping off point for new content on this blog will re-inspire me and interest all of you!  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new content and style, and I look forward to writing more regularly now that I've kicked things off.

3 comments:

  1. You did have an amazing wedding and I'm so lucky to no be able to call you my sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *now be able to call you my sis...sorry for the typo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look, love reminiscing about your special day!! And you are right...the H definitely GETS you!! And that's awesome!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete