Monday, March 11, 2013

Skinny Chocolate Chip Scones

It's official:  I'm the worst food blogger ever.  And it's not even because I haven't been blogging (which in and of itself makes me a bad food blogger).


It's because I haven't been cooking.  Not in heels or otherwise.  I haven't really been inspired by any recipes that have crossed my path, and I'm stressed out about a long list of things (like the fact that I'm getting married in 54 days!  Holy shit smokes!).


I saw this recipe for Skinny Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones on Skinny Taste a while back, and whipped them up shortly thereafter.  Why I've been waiting to put them on the blog for so long, I'll never know.


What's even harder to know is how these clock in at just under 200 calories!  They don't taste skinny, that's for sure.


Even the F was shocked that these are "light."  He had one for dessert every night after supper (for the few days they lasted).


I probably could have even gotten away with sprinkling less sugar on top (I followed the recipe exactly!), but it made them look so pretty (nearly sparkly, even) that I couldn't resist following the directions to a T.


It looks a little sad on that plate all by itself but don't worry, peeps, it didn't sit there long!  I don't crave sweets often, but when I do this will be a great substitute for something smaller that has more calories!!!

And what more closely resembles a low-cal, chocolate chip scone than an expensive, polka dot pump?

Christian Louboutin via Neiman Marcus

Even the pointed toe references the scone.  I'll take one of each, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment