Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

The idea of replacing one's pasta with spaghetti squash is, I'm sure, not a new one to most of my readers.  The idea of replacing pasta with anything, let alone a vegetable, let alone a vegetable that was previously unheard of, was TOTALLY new to the F.

 
F:  That meat looks good, what are we having for supper?
Me:  Spaghetti.
F:  How come you aren't boiling water for pasta?
Me:  There will be no pasta.
F:  How do you eat spaghetti without pasta?
Me:  We're having it with squash.
F:  That doesn't sound very good.


But, to the F's credit, he knows two things:  that I am a good cook, and that he gets only one option for supper, so he must eat or starve.


On this night he chose to eat.  I cooked the squash in the microwave and used a store-bought marinara to go with my meat and spinach (I added ample spices, of course, to my liking).


I think the F was shocked at both the texture of the dish (the squash being slightly crunchier than pasta) and how much he liked it.  That being said, I think he'd still raise an eyebrow if (or when!) I make this again.

He might also raise an eyebrow if I brought these home:


Sergio Rossi via Barneys

But for an entirely different reason.  Are those not the most stunning laser cutouts you've ever seen, peeps?

Excuse me while I wipe the drool up off of my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment