Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blueberry Drop Biscuit Cobbler

Blueberry season is one of the most wonderful times of the year.  Really.  When I was in college, I met a delightful woman, from Georgia, who made a bitchin' blueberry pie but WOULD NOT give me the recipe.


This cobbler is not that blueberry pie, but it's what I'm going to make when I want to wow people with my sweet culinary skills.


It certainly wowed the H.  He has never shared my affinity for blueberries, but I believe he may now be a convert.  And who can blame him.  Look at those dark berries and sugar.  Sweet.



It also bakes up so easily, and so beautifully, and SO QUICKLY.  I made this twice, the first time according to the recipe and the second with fat free sour cream and whole wheat flour.  I actually preferred the latter, as the whole wheat flour gave the topping a nice texture.  But to each his own!  I'm just glad that my own now contains blueberry cobbler, in either form.

I would also take these:

Gianvito Rossi via Barneys

They are THE blueberry cobbler boot equivalent, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment