Monday, December 10, 2012

Triple Chocolate Muffins



Chocolate is not my favorite.  I don’t think anybody who reads this blog will be shocked by this.  But I do enjoy a VitaTop from time to time, so when I stumbled across this recipe for knock-offs I had to give it a shot.


Here's the recipe:

1 ¾ cup oats
3 egg whites
¾  cup unsweetened cocoa
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
½ tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)



Combine all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until well-mixed, then fold in the chocolate chips.  Scoop into 12 paper-lined muffin cups and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.


(No, I don't have a picture after they were baked . . . blogger FAIL).

Be warned:  after about 48 hours, these muffins start to get a little boozy-tasting.  Not a bad thing, but I recommend freezing them if you can’t chow down on 12 muffins in 2 days.  

Speaking of boozy . . . 

Charlotte Olympia via Nordstrom

You have to be a little boozy to wear these, right?  Or to even want them on any level?  They are ridiculous.  They also look like something a bride would wear on Four Weddings and expect everybody to love and give her high marks for.

I may watch too much TV.

1 comment:

  1. So it's my first time on your blog and the very first thing I read is, "Chocolate is not my favorite." I am a DEVOUT chocoholic. but the fact that the recipe afterwards had the words "triple chocolate" kept me reading.
    Thanks for visiting Running Betty today!

    ReplyDelete