Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hot, Spicy (pork) Loins

In an effort to make something new and different this week, without taking up too much of my valuable time (modest, aren't I?) I whipped up these breaded slices of pork loin, which turned out awesome.  I was quite pleased with myself!  And it took four easy steps:
  1. dip pork loin slices in flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
  2. dip pork loin slices in a mixture of one beaten egg, Frank's hot sauce, and Tabasco. (Peeps, lemme tell ya, the BF and I like our food SPICY and if you don't, you're not going to like this step.  Or the next.  Adjust accordingly.)
  3. coat pork loin slices in a mixture of bread crumbs, chipotle seasoning, white pepper, onion powder, salt, and chili powder
  4. grill away!

After I was done getting my grill on, I drizzled more hot sauce and Tabasco over the pork.  Lemme tell ya, these lit a fire in my mouth, in the best way possible.  They were crispy, spicy, and totally delicious!



And guess what?!  I finally wore GORGEOUS shoes today!  Last week was a rough week, filled with too much dramz (in the LBC, as they say) and a shot of some sort of cold/flu situation that was just too much for me to handle, and necessitated accessorizing my feet primarily with socks and/or keds.  Snoooooozefest.  SO today, back on my feet and feeling fab, I rocked these bad boys:

 
Michael Kors Berkeley T-Straps.  I love these shoes.  They are uber-comfortable, the heel isn't too high, and they're a little edgy, but not too over-the-top so they're still work-appropriate.  The worst thing about them is that Arnie thinks they'rechew toys!  She's even cuter when chewing on things made for puppy teeth, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. I got a cold last week to! I still have a little of a sore throat...enough already. I'm not into spicy food, but the hubby is. He'd be so happy if he came home to this meal : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cold is the same way. I'm just "sick" enough to be annoyed, at this point, lol. It would be really easy to make these a lot less spicy. Perhaps a half and half batch so both you AND hubby can enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arnie looks like a demon dog with a chew toy. :)

    ReplyDelete