Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beef and Bean Wraps

This recipe is both totally delicious and completely disgusting-looking when you combine it all together.  If you can get past the visual, the taste is awesome and, to top it off, it's healthy!  Yay!  (The BF and I try to eat healthy meals during the week, so we can make room for deep fried yummies on the weekend.)

First, I combine 3/4 of a pound of ground beef, one small yellow onion, white pepper, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a pan and brown it all up.  Once the beef is browned and the onions are translucent, I add one cup of fat free refried beans.


Looks gross, right?  I agree.  While that is heating through, I slice up avocado and combine it with 1/2 a cup of spicy, chunky salsa, which looks like this . . .


 . . . Until I mush it all together, with some garlic powder, at which point it looks like this . . .


Yuck again!  That does not look appetizing at all.  I then combine the two on a whole wheat tortilla, with a little bit of cheese (we used colby jack tonight, but I prefer pepper jack for extra spiciness), for the final product:


Roll it up and enjoy!  Once you taste it, you'll totally forget what it looks like - I promise!

Today I rocked my Sam Edelman "Irina" flats.  I love these shoes.


I am just now realizing that this is an unflattering angle for my already unfortunately hideous feet.  I promise a better shoe-photo-delivery method in the next post!

3 comments:

  1. i may try this recipe as i love me some beans. and cute flats as well of course. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the shoes...I need to invest in some cute flats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes! Really cute...

    ReplyDelete