Friday, October 18, 2013

Quickie Friday: Baked Tortellini and Spinach

Here's an easy one for you all on a Friday:  baked tortellini.  Throw in some frozen, chopped spinach (thawed, of course) and you've got a meal made in heaven.


I'm a big fan of Buitoni pastas, and they make my lazy meals so much easier.  Here's the recipe:

1 package Buitoni three cheese, whole wheat tortellini
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 jar low sodium marinara
1 red onion, finely chopped
olive oil
mozzarella

Prepare the tortellini according to the package directions and preheat the oven to 300 degrees.  While the pasta is boiling, saute the onion in some olive oil until translucent, then add the spinach and pasta sauce.  Add the tortellini and top with mozzarella, then throw the whole thing in the oven for about 20 minutes.


Couldn't be any easier.  Seriously, this whole meal takes less than 10 minutes to prep.  I have been known to walk in the door, throw it together while still in my work gear, and to use the 20 minutes while it's baking to make myself more comfortable (i.e. throw on my jammies and pour myself a glass of wine).  Life is hard sometimes.

The fact that these are at H&M for less than $60 is also hard.


All I'm saying is that a world with these booties and meals that fast doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment